For the past three years, the Lakers have wanted Pau Gasol not to just trade him away in a lopsided deal or cost-cutting move. During that same time, the Lakers still became willing to entertain offers for him.
It appears that has not changed. The Lakers still want to re-sign Pau Gasol, regardless of whether the increasingly unlikely scenario Carmelo Anthony comes here plays out. But the Lakers are also open toward executing a sign-and-trade with Gasol to another team should he want to leave, according to a league source familiar with the team’s thinking.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%