Morgan State senior forward Thair Heath left the floor on a stretcher after being injured Monday during the Bears’ road game against Coppin State in Baltimore.
With 13:51 left in the first half, Heath drove the lane and was fouled by Coppin State senior forward Michael Murray. Heath took a hard spill and was down for about eight minutes.
As a precautionary measure, Heath was taken off the court on a stretcher in a neck immobilizer.
In 13 games this season prior to Monday, Heath was averaging 2.1 points and 1.2 rebounds in 6.6 minutes of action. His big performance came in his season debut, when he scored 12 points in 10 minutes against Howard on Dec. 7.
A native of Long Beach, Calif., Heath helped Dominguez High School in Compton, Calif., win a state title before playing one season for San Bernardino Valley College. He is in his third season at Morgan State, and he started 12 games as a junior.
- Ex-76ers minority owner Michael Rubin admits to ‘violating every rule the NBA had’
- The Spurs Are Finding Their Offensive Identity Around Victor Wembanyama
- Is Donovan Mitchell playing tonight against Pistons?
- Can Brandin Podziemski extend the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty?
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’