Nets’ Garnett: I Respect Marcus Smart’s Effort
We have seen Kevin Garnett turn young players into a big old pile of mental goo with his in-game commentary which has drawn more than its share of players into a war of words they had no shot at winning. So when Boston’s Marcus Smart was able to corral a loose ball that had him and Garnett tangled at one point, you knew Garnett would say something. The words spoken by Garnett caught Smart off guard, to say the least.
“He (Garnett) started laughing,” Smart said. “He said, ‘good job,’ kind of joking around with me. It was crazy.”
But that exchange speaks to how Smart, while still learning how to navigate his way through the NBA, is quickly gaining the respect of his NBA elders.
“I admire the guy,” Garnett said after Brooklyn’s 109-107 win over Boston. “I admire the young guy (Smart) for … how hard he plays. They brought him in here and Danny (Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations) knows talent; just a good hustle play. A little pat on the back, ‘good play.’ Nothing more, nothing less than that.”
- Four-Star Recruit Robert Miller Nears Commitment to Texas Longhorns
- Newly Hired Rick Pitino Gets Right to Work for St. John’s
- Kevin Durant Wants Texas Basketball To Give Interim Head Coach Rodney Terry A Long-Term Contract
- Tennessee Basketball Coach Rick Barnes Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives
- Seth Davis’ March Madness 2023 Final Four Bracket, Predictions, & Expert Picks
Main Page 6 days ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Could Crimson Tide Justify Firing Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats With His Huge Buyout After Brandon Miller Gun Incident?
College Basketball 1 week ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
NBA 2 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice