Parker, Wiggins, Embiid to Limit Workouts?
Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, and Joel Embiid won’t be visiting Waltham to run through drills, and be weighed, measured, and medically examined by the Celtics in what’s considered to be a final step in the evaluation process before the draft.
“They have no use for a team drafting sixth,” said Danny Ainge, the Celtics president of basketball operations.
Parker, from Duke, and Wiggins and Embiid, both from Kansas, are the draft’s top three prospects, all but guaranteed to be selected 1-2-3 in some order.
As such, league sources say those players are expected to work out only for Cleveland, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia, the teams that are drafting first, second, and third.
- WATCH: Minnesota’s Rudy Gobert left the Sacramento Kings’ bench in shock after his fadeaway jumper goes in
- Nikola Jokic, Joel Embiid are now tied in MVP odds
- Thunder’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander assures Russell Westbrook is “one of the best competitors” in NBA history
- Wizards’ Bradley Beal is under Police investigation after an incident that happened with an Orlando fan last week
- LeBron James came off the bench for second time in 1,414 career games
NBA 13 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 4 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives