(Isiah) Thomas hasn’t returned to The Palace much since his retirement as a player nearly 20 years ago, but when he has, he’s always been treated as a favorite son. And according to a report from the New York Daily News, Pistons owner Tom Gores is considering Thomas for the (General Manager) position currently held by Thomas’ former teammate, Joe Dumars.
Gores has given no indication about Dumars’ future, and Dumars hasn’t given any of his own to date.
Sources told The Detroit News the only conversations Gores and Thomas have had revolved around the Bad Boys reunion, when Gores stepped in financially, listing himself and the Detroit Pistons organization as presenting sponsors for the events.
The two sides have had no conversations about a role for Thomas
“Absolutely false,” Platinum Equity partner Mark Barnhill told The News.
- Grizzlies add Justin Bean, Jacob Gilyard to training camp roster
- Knicks’ Jalen Brunson proposes to girlfriend Ali Marks at high school
- Knicks president Leon Rose won’t interfere in Tom Thibodeau’s rotation
- Trail Blazers sign five-year NBA veteran Wes Iwundu
- Hornets coach Steve Clifford impressed by LaMelo Ball
Main Page6 days ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
Indiana2 weeks ago
Indiana online sports betting handle reaches US$238m for August
NBA4 days ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
Main Page1 week ago
NBA League Pass for Australians now 48% cheaper in 2022