NBA News Wire
Report: Bulls PG Rose healthy
Chicago Bulls star point guard Derrick Rose, who missed nearly all of the past two seasons with knee injuries, is playing 5-on-5 daily and has no practice restrictions, according to CBSSports.com.
One source said Rose “looks like the old Derrick Rose.”
Rose recently told the Chicago Tribune he would be ready to play if the regular season began now, fully recovered from his second season-ending knee surgery in two years.
Rose is shooting for a return to Team USA this summer. Coach Mike Krzyzewski said Rose is expected to be at the start of training workouts for the FIBA World Cup in July.
Rose, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft and league MVP in 2011, signed a five-year, $94.8 million deal in 2011 but played a combined 49 games the past two seasons because of knee injuries.
The Bulls expect to be in the market for another superstar in July. They may use their amnesty provision to unload power forward Carlos Boozer’s contract and target potential free agents, including Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Kevin Love.
- Heat guard Tyler Herro (right hand) ruled out for Game 1 vs. Nuggets
- UK Basketball Recruiting: NDSU Transfer Grant Nelson Sees Wildcats as Top Option as John Calipari Looks to Replace Oscar Tshiebwe
- ChatGPT’s Insight on Top 10 Head Coaching Jobs in College Basketball
- Bulls, Nikola Vucevic negotiating extension
- College basketball: Top prospect Mikey Williams loses NIL sponsorship after controversial arrest
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 6 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 2 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’