Report: Gordon Hayward Day-to-Day with Broken Finger
The Charlotte Hornets announced today that forward Gordon Hayward sustained an avulsion fracture of his fifth metacarpal on his right hand during the team’s preseason game against the Toronto Raptors on Dec. 14. Hayward will miss Thursday’s preseason game at Orlando and will be listed as day-to-day moving forward.
Hayward was acquired this offseason by the Charlotte Hornets in a sign-and-trade transaction with the Boston Celtics on November 29. A 10-year NBA veteran, Hayward has appeared in 641 regular-season games (479 starts) with the Utah Jazz and Boston Celtics and has averaged 15.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 30.8 minutes per game. He holds career shooting averages of .451 from the field, .366 from three-point range and .823 from the free throw line. The 6-7 forward has appeared in 29 postseason games (16 starts) with Utah and Boston, averaging 15.0 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 33.0 minutes per game.
Source: Charlotte Hornets
- New York’s SG Quentin Grimes is slowly starting to find his rhythm with the Knicks
- Is Cody Zeller playing Saturday (Mar. 25) vs. Nets?
- Kansas’ Joseph Yesufu now becomes the fourth Jayhawk to enter the NCAA transfer portal
- Sports Wagering 2023: Massachusetts Open For Business; Missouri House Moves Bill Forward
- Knicks’ PG Jalen Brunson does not mind the criticism around the league, says ‘It’s been the story of my career’
NBA 3 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 1 week ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
College Basketball 3 days ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss