Marquette has contacted former UCLA coach Ben Howland about replacing Buzz Williams, but no offer has been made, ESPN.com reported Sunday.
Howland reportedly is “extremely interested” in the job.
Howland, 56, took the Bruins to three consecutive Final Four appearances from 2006 to 2008 before being fired after the 2012-13 season. He compiled an overall mark of 233-107 in a decade with the Bruins. Howland sat out this past season.
Howland coached Pittsburgh for four seasons before leaving for UCLA and took the Panthers to the Sweet 16 in each of his final two seasons.
Williams left Marquette after six seasons to take the Virginia Tech job last week.
According to ESPN.com, Syracuse coach-in-waiting Mike Hopkins and former Marquette player and assistant Brian Wardle, who is currently the head coach at Green Bay, are also in the mix of possible candidates, along with Dayton’s Archie Miller.
NBA Team Salaries
- Betting Picks: Boston Celtics vs Portland Trail Blazers preview prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Miami Heat vs Milwaukee Bucks picks, preview and prediction
- Dame, It’s Time: Portland Must Part Ways With Lillard
- NBA Betting Picks: Chicago Bulls vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines2 weeks ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton