After his firing following an FBI probe at Louisville, Rick Pitino is planning to use the season to immerse himself in the NBA game and hopes to become a candidate for head-coaching openings in the spring.
“I just want to be a part of an organization,” Pitino told ESPN. “I want to develop young players. I want to be part of a team. I miss it terribly. I’m using this time to really study the NBA. If something opens up with a young basketball team, I’d have deep interest in it.
Pitino has hired Drew Rosenhaus, a high-profile NFL agent, to represent him. Rosenhaus’ company does represent two NBA players: Portland’s first-round pick Anfernee Simons and Clippers center Montrezl Harrell.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
- 76ers coach Doc Rivers on LeBron James: ‘He’s going to have the greatest career’
- Pelicans, Wolves, Raptors are competing in last minute talks to trade for Denver’s Bones Hyland
- Getting To Know The Four 2023 Dunk Contest Participants
- The 2023 Jordan Rising Stars draft results are in as Paolo Banchero was chosen first by Team Pau
- LeBron James’ all-time scoring record jersey worth over $3 million
Legal 4 days ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Main Page 1 week ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 1 week ago
Anthony Davis calls out NBA officiating