After the Cleveland Cavaliers pulled off an improbable NBA Finals comeback to become 2016 champions, reports surfaced that veteran small forward Richard Jefferson was ready to hang up his high tops for goog.
But on the eve of free agency, Jefferson may have had a change of heart.
“I’m not retiring,” Jefferson reportedly told TMZ Sports. “I’m going to play a couple of more years.”
Jefferson was then asked if he would be re-signing with the Cavaliers and the veteran said “We’ll see.”
The 36 year old Jefferson averaged 5.5 points per game last season, his first in Cleveland. He will be an unrestricted free agent when the market opens.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets preview, prediction and picks