Adam Silver, while working for the NBA before becoming the league’s commissioner, floated the idea of adding play-in games for the postseason and got some support from owners.
Now as commissioner, Silver remains “fascinated” with the idea of a tournament to determine the final playoff spots.
“By having a seven-game series, you reduce the randomness of the outcome,” Silver said. “I think what’s so exciting about college basketball — and I’m a huge college basketball fan — is the single-elimination tournament, the NCAA tournament. There, statistically, you’re gonna have a lot more upsets. So, I think for us, well, I have mixed views.
- Cody Williams hopes to follow his brother Jalen’s footsteps and become top NBA Draft pick
- LeBron James is 9 points shy of reaching 40,000 career points
- Draymond Green claims Warriors would win the NBA title if they traded for LeBron James
- Reigning MVP Joel Embiid hopes to recover from his left knee before the start of the playoffs
- Lonzo Ball Still Unable to Sprint While Rehabbing
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
NBA 7 days ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating