Former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Ty Lue and Los Angeles Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka met on Friday for approximately 90 minutes to discuss the franchise’s coaching vacancy, league sources told ESPN.
The conversation was described as relaxed and broad, a prelude to what the Lakers hope will be longer and more detailed discussions with top candidates Lue and Philadelphia 76ers assistant Monty Williams as soon as next week, league sources said.
Pelinka has plans to interview Miami Heat assistant Juwan Howard on Tuesday, league sources said.
- The New York Knicks Reportedly Are Interested In Detroit’s Sadiq Bey Ahead Of The Trade Deadline
- Paolo Banchero, Josh Giddey and Alperen Sengün are chosen to headline the Jordan Rising Stars
- Our All-Access Guide To Everything You Need To Know For The 2023 Jordan Rising Stars Festivities
- LeBron James’ 28-Point Triple-Double Moves Him To Fourth All-Time For Career Assists
- DraftKings and FanDuel take aim at New York online tax reduction
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms