Charlotte Hornets forward Nicolas Batum was diagnosed with chronic tendinitis in his left Achilles and could miss multiple games, league sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Batum underwent an MRI exam Sunday, revealing the extent of the injury after leaving Saturday night’s loss to the New York Knicks with the injury.
Batum has been ruled out of the Hornets’ game against Philadelphia on Monday, and his return will be based upon his response to treatment on the Achilles, league sources said.
Batum is averaging 11.9 points, 5.5 assists and 4.9 rebounds a game for Charlotte this season.
- Stephen Curry has recorded the most 30+ point, 10+ assist games in Warriors history
- Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
- Lakers interested in trading for Bulls guard Zach LaVine?
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic