League sources believe the Wizards have centered in on Nuggets president of basketball operations Tim Connelly as their top target to replace former president of basketball ops Ernie Grunfeld, who Washington dismissed Tuesday morning.
Connelly, who grew up in nearby Baltimore and has been in charge of the Nuggets front office since 2013, began his NBA career as an intern with the Wizards in 1996, when he was a student at Catholic University. Washington hired him as a full-time video coordinator in 1999. He worked his way up through the front office until becoming assistant general manager of the Hornets in 2010 and eventually heading to Denver three years later.
Source: Fred Katz of The Athletic
- Stephen A. Smith Calls Out The Knicks For Botching The Final Play In Regulation
- Lakers’ Rui Hachimura chose No. 28 for Kobe, Gianna Bryant
- Chicago’s Latest Lonzo Ball Injury Update Is Not The News That Fans Or Himself Wanted To Hear
- Clippers Kawhi Leonard has now scored 24+ points in 11 straight games for the first time in his career
- Nick Wright of First Things First says more hype by NBA media about Steph Curry than LeBron James
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms