In a trade of reserves Thursday, the San Antonio Spurs acquired forward Austin Daye from the Toronto Raptors in exchange for point guard Nando De Colo.
Daye, 25, appeared in just eight games this season for the Raptors, averaging one point and 0.9 rebounds. He spent four seasons with the Detroit Pistons before playing last season with the Memphis Grizzlies, for whom he averaged four points and 1.9 rebounds.
The 6-foot-11 Gonzaga product provides insurance for a banged-up Spurs roster that was missing three starters Wednesday night in a win over the Trail Blazers in Portland.
De Colo, a 26-year-old from France, averaged 4.3 points and 1.2 assists for San Antonio this season. He becomes the third point guard in Toronto, joining starter Kyle Lowry and reserve Greivis Vasquez. De Colo was stuck behind Tony Parker, Patty Mills and Cory Joseph with the Spurs.
NBA Team Salaries
- Lakers vs. Thunder: Preview, Prediction, and Betting Lines
- Pacers vs. Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Hawks vs. Pelicans: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Washington Wizards vs. Boston Celtics: Betting Picks, Prediction, and Preview
- Timberwolves vs. Bucks: Preview, Prediction, and Betting Lines
Main Page1 week ago
Denver Nuggets vs. Phoenix Suns: Betting Picks, Prediction, and Preview
Main Page2 weeks ago
Derrick Rose proposes to Alaina Anderson with ginormous diamond ring
Main Page4 days ago
Top 5 NBA futures liabilities for the 2021-22 NBA season
Main Page7 days ago
Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings