It’s not quite February, but Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy had to revert to his trade-deadline mode a little earlier than usual on Friday.
With rumors emerging that the Pistons were in trade discussions involving Reggie Jackson going to the Phoenix Suns for Eric Bledsoe and others involving a third team, Van Gundy was compelled to talk to his point guard about the situation.
It was reminiscent of last season, when similar rumors surfaced about Jackson being shopped around the league during the trade deadline and after the season.
“It was crazy yesterday,” Van Gundy said Friday. “I left practice yesterday and there’s a rumor out on Reggie and Bledsoe so I had to get home and call Reggie and say we’re not trading you for Bledsoe. I don’t usually address all of them but it’s early in the (season). You can’t address all of them at the trade deadline, but I felt the need to address this.”
Van Gundy has said in the past that general manager Jeff Bower does his due diligence in reaching out about trade possibilities — and in this case, there may have been preliminary talks — but nothing came to fruition.
Source: Rod Beard of The Detroit News
- Lakers Would Still Like To Move Russell Westbrook Before The Trade Deadline On Thursday
- Nets Owner Joe Tsai Refused To Send Kyrie Irving To The Lakers In A Somewhat Spiteful Way
- Kyrie Irving first player in NBA history to average 25/5/5 before in-season trade
- NBA reveals four different uniforms inspired by the Jazz for the 2023 Jordan Rising Stars
- Phoenix Suns Ready To Pursue Brooklyn’s Kevin Durant If He’s Made Available In The Future
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Legal 2 days ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 1 week ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms