Former Spurs guard Stephen Jackson is hopeful games like the one he had Sunday in Ice Cube’s Big3 League will help him get back into the NBA.
“I’ve been working to go back to the NBA, so this (league) is a blessing for me,” Jackson said. “I want to play basketball as long as I can. I feel like there are guys in the NBA who can’t guard me.”
Jackson, sporting a beard speckled with gray, hit 9 of 17 shots and had nine rebounds in Sunday’s game. The first team to 50 wins in the Big3.
“I didn’t work out when I was in the NBA, but I’m working out as hard as I’ve ever worked out and I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been in,” Jackson said.
But the Houston native acknowledged a return to the NBA is a long shot.
“I ain’t putting all my eggs in one hat,” he said. “I know what people think of me, and that’s probably kept me out of the game. But as long as I’m playing and am around people I respect and am able to play the game, I’m cool. If it happens, it happens. If it don’t, I love where I’m at.”
- Ex-76ers minority owner Michael Rubin admits to ‘violating every rule the NBA had’
- The Spurs Are Finding Their Offensive Identity Around Victor Wembanyama
- Is Donovan Mitchell playing tonight against Pistons?
- Can Brandin Podziemski extend the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty?
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 2 weeks ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’