Former Louisville guard Kevin Ware announced via Twitter on Friday night that he is transferring to Georgia State.
It was reported in late March that Ware was leaving Louisville to transfer to another school.
Ware, a junior, got national attention during last year’s NCAA Tournament regional finals against Duke when he severely broke his right leg. He wanted to transfer to a school closer to his family in Atlanta.
Ware returned from the injury Nov. 6 during an exhibition game against Pikeville College. He made his first shot, a 3-pointer. He then scored five points in 13 minutes against Cornell on Nov. 15 in his first regular-season game.
Ware averaged just 1.7 points in nine games before he injured the same leg against Missouri State on Dec. 17 and missed the rest of the season.
Ware also reportedly considered Auburn. He once committed to new Auburn coach Bruce Pearl when he coached Tennessee.
Georgia State relied heavily on transfers this season in going 25-9. Kentucky transfer Ryan Harrow, former Virginia Tech forward Manny Atkins and USC transfer Curtis Washington were key contributors for the Panthers.
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
- Nuggets Star Jamal Murray’s Right Ankle Injury ‘Not Serious’
- Hornets’ Vasilije Micic reveals his NBA idol to explain the importance of passing in basketball
- Philadelphia icon Allen Iverson set to be honored with sculpture on the ’76ers Legends Walk’
- Spurs’ Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA rookie to record 5+ 3-pointers, 5+ blocks in a game
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating