NBA News Wire
Wizards’ Seraphin fined for foul
Washington Wizards center Kevin Seraphin was fined $15,000 on Friday after he made excessive contact and pulled Memphis Grizzlies forward Jon Leuer to the floor on a dunk attempt during a game Thursday night.
Seraphin was called for a flagrant foul-2 and ejected with 22 seconds remaining in the third quarter of the Wizards’ 107-87 victory over the Grizzlies at the Verizon Center.
The Wizards were leading by 23 points when Seraphin committed the foul as Leuer was dunking at the end of a fast break. It appeared that Seraphin hit Leuer on the head and then pulled him down by an arm.
The referees originally ruled the foul a flagrant-1 but changed the call to flagrant-2, which carries an automatic ejection, after reviewing the play.
Seraphin left the game with two points, two rebounds and one assist in 6 1/2 minutes.
Leuer was able to remain in the game.
- March Madness 2023: Final Four Opening Odds
- College Basketball: Top 5 Players in the 2023 Transfer Portal
- 5-Star Recruit Trentyn Flowers Commits to Louisville
- North Carolina Sports Betting: House Lawmakers Feel Momentum Building For HB 347 With Another Committee Vote Approaching Tuesday
- Nikola Jokic Out-Duels Giannis, Pulls Ahead in MVP Race
NBA 5 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 1 week ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
College Basketball 6 days ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss