With the third pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, the Charlotte Hornets select Lamelo Ball of the Illawara Hawks
With the loss of Kemba Walker, Charlotte was in need of some excitement to help usher in their next era of basketball. With Ball in the fold, they may have found exactly what they’re looking for.
Ball’s main appeal stems from the highlight reel passes he made overseas. His scoring (17 points), rebound (7.6) and assist numbers (6.8) are strong, and Ball shapes up as a jack-of-all-trades type guard in the NBA.
That said, Ball has to show more of a scoring prowess once in unform; he’ll pair well with fellow guards Devonte Graham and Terry Rozier but, if the Hornets are to get back into the postseason, Ball has to take the team’s offense and put it on his shoulders,
Luckily both Ball and Charlotte have time. For now, Ball will put fans in the seats. And, hopefully sometime soon, they’ll see some big wins.
NBA Team Salaries
- 2022 Defensive Player of the Year update: Anthony Davis odds cut by Bovada after gamble
- Karl-Anthony Towns spoils Jordyn Woods with costly gifts at party
- Free WNBA Picks: 2021 First Round Playoffs – predictions and odds
- Jordan Poole Ready to Build off Strong Season
- 17-year veteran Joe Johnson is not ready to retire from NBA
- NBA4 days ago
Philadelphia 76ers make shock Ben Simmons trade U-turn:
- Main Page7 days ago
LeBron James celebrates 8-year wedding anniversary with Savannah
- Main Page1 day ago
Karl-Anthony Towns spoils Jordyn Woods with costly gifts at party
- NBA DAILY5 days ago
BetUS Special Markets for NBA 2K23 Player Ratings Revealed