New Orleans Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram received compliments from Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Durant during the teams’ pregame shoot around.
Following the Pelicans’ 130-108 win over the Nets, reporters asked Ingram about his conversation with the two-time Finals MVP. “I think he was trying to butter me up a little bit so I would come out there a little soft,” said Ingram jokingly.
A few NBA betting sites are giving the Pelicans the 13th-highest odds to win the championship in 2023. Some sportsbooks are counting on them returning to the playoffs this season.
When asked about Kevin Durant complimenting him before the game, Brandon Ingram joked: “I think he was trying to butter me up a little bit so I would come out there a little soft”
Ingram appreciated the praise from KD, and called him “probably the best player in our league” pic.twitter.com/Ht9P7NpQmD
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) October 20, 2022
“You know, coming from probably the best player in our league, it’s a great compliment,” continued Brandon Ingram. “It motivates me to continue to keep working, continue to keep going.”
“And I definitely want to show up every single night and eventually be a household name, like he’s been in this league. So, it’s always good hearing good things from the greats in this league.”
Ingram ended his performance with a team-high 28 points in 31 minutes played, along with 7 rebounds and 5 assists. He finished 10-of-17 shooting from the field and 2-of-4 from beyond the arc.
Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram says Kevin Durant was trying to butter him up before the game
Likewise, Durant led the Nets in scoring with 32 points. The 12-time All-Star also closed out his night with 3 boards and 2 assists while shooting 11-of-21 from the floor and 2-of-6 from 3-point range.
Moreover, Zion Williamson appeared in his first regular season game since the Pelicans’ 108-103 loss against the Golden State Warriors on May 4, 2021.
Williamson amassed 25 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 assists in 30 minutes played. He shot 11-of-22 from the floor. The fourth-year player finished second in scoring behind only Brandon Ingram.
“It’s like he didn’t miss a beat,” Pelicans head coach Willie Green said after the game. “You just throw the ball to him and watch what he does.”
According to Basketball-Reference statistics, Ingram is projected to average 24.3 points, 6 rebounds, and 5.5 assists per game with the Pelicans in the 2022-23 season.
Durant wanted to psych Ingram out prior to the game. However, the 25-year-old came prepared. He’s already on a path towards greatness.
Ingram won NBA Most Improved Player in 2020 and logged a career-high 5.6 assists per game with New Orleans last season.
When Durant is at his best, he’s the best player on the Nets. Williamson is one of the top players in the league when healthy.
Although, Brandon Ingram was the No. 1 ranked forward on the Pelicans during Williamson’s absence last season. Their frontcourt needs him.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Pacers’ Myles Turner: ‘I build Legos, I’ve gone through 120K Legos since the season started’
- Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games
- Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA player with 350+ points, 50+ assists, 25+ steals, & 50+ blocks in 1st 20 games
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic