Hawks Waive Former First-Round Pick John Jenkins
The Hawks have waived guards John Jenkins and Jordan Mathews. The team announced the moves Friday night.
Both players were signed in late September to compete for a spot, but DeAndre Bembry has improved faster than expected from a triceps injury. Jenkins spent three seasons with the Hawks as a first-round pick in 2012. He also played for Phoenix and Dallas and has averaged 5.1 points and 1.5 rebounds per game in five seasons.
Source: The Associated Press on ESPN
- Memphis Basketball Recruiting: Can Penny Hardaway Land Carmelo Anthony’s Son, Kiyan Anthony?
- Heat have a flight scheduled to Denver after Game 7 against Celtics
- USA Basketball: Loaded U16 Roster Prepares For FIBA 2023 in Mexico
- Suns Sit Idle as Bucks, 76ers Name New Head Coaches
- 76ers Name Former Raptors Head Man Nick Nurse as Their Next Head Coach
Main Page 6 days ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 5 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Caleb Love Transfer Saga: Indiana Hoosiers Back in Pole Position After Michigan Exit