Lakers-Warriors averaged 7.8M viewers, making it the most-watched conference semifinals series in 27 years
The Los Angeles Lakers-Golden State Warriors series averaged 7.8 million viewers across ABC, ESPN, and TNT, making it the most-watched conference semifinals series in 27 years.
Game 1 of the Lakers-Warriors series averaged 7.4 million viewers. It was the most-watched Game 1 of the conference semifinals in cable television history.
According to multiple NBA betting sites, the Lakers have third-shortest odds to win the championship. Check out which sportsbooks are showing greater odds for the Boston Celtics and Denver Nuggets.
The Los Angeles Lakers-Golden State Warriors series averaged 7.8M viewers across ABC, ESPN and TNT, making it the most watched Conference Semifinals series in 27 years. pic.twitter.com/pJxc2dSp60
— NBA Communications (@NBAPR) May 15, 2023
Last Saturday night’s Game 3 matchup between the Lakers and Warriors averaged 8.3 million viewers and peaked at 9.7 million. This contest became the most-watched Game 3 of a conference semifinals series since 1999.
Additionally, Game 4 drew 7.5 million viewers, making it the most-watched conference semifinals Game 4 on any network since 2012. This was also an 18% increase vs. 2022. It was a top-3 program among adults under 50, per Warner Bros. Discovery Sports U.S. Public Relations.
Lakers-Warriors Western Conference semifinals series averaged 7.8 million viewers, Game 3 peaked at 9.7 million viewers
Game 5 attracted 7.5 million fans, and it became the most-watched Game 5 of a conference semifinals series on any network in 11 years. It was the top program on television all day last Wednesday.
Last season’s Lakers-Warriors NBA Play-In game — aired exclusively on ESPN, drew an average audience of 5,618,000 viewers, peaking with 6,149,000 viewers from 12:30-1 a.m. ET. At the time, it was the most-watched NBA game on ESPN since the 2019 Western Conference Finals and was a 190% increase over the 2020 NBA Play-In on ABC.
In Los Angeles’ 124-116 win over Golden State on Mar. 5, this ABC matchup drew almost 4 million viewers, the largest non-Christmas regular season NBA audience on any network in four years.
.@NBAonTNT continues to post 📈 viewership for its 2023 #NBAPlayoffs coverage, including dominating Monday TV viewership:
🏀 @warriors/@Lakers: 7.5 million viewers, most watched Conference Semis Game 4 on any network since 2012
🏀 Top 3 programs among adults under 50 pic.twitter.com/F1wJyigZeO
— Warner Bros. Discovery Sports U.S. PR (@WBDSportsPR) May 9, 2023
Furthermore, in the Warriors’ 120-100 first-round win in Game 7 over the Sacramento Kings, this matchup averaged 9.8 million viewers on ABC, making it the most-watched NBA Playoffs first-round game in 24 years.
Since 2015, Stephen Curry has been featured in 32 out of 33 games with at least 13 million viewers. The nine-time All-Star has played in all 27 NBA games that have drawn over 14 million viewers as well.
Adding LeBron James and the Lakers into the mix with Curry is the perfect recipe for exceptional ratings.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- NBA Playoffs 2023 Is Most Watched Postseason Since 2012
- Heat vs. Nuggets Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 2 of 2023 NBA Finals
- How to Watch Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 | Free NBA Playoffs Live Stream
- NBA Finals 2023 viewership down 3.76 million from Game 1 of Warriors-Celtics series opener
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
Main Page 5 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
NBA 6 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes