The Los Angeles Clippers are not considering trading star forward and two-time Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard who continues to regain his mojo following an ACL tear in 2021, according to a report.
Leonard is posting solid numbers each night on his return from injury, averaging 20.5 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game with 50% shooting from the field and 35% from three.
The 31-year-old has only played 24 games this season but when healthy, he pairs Paul George as one of the NBA’s most dangerous duos but the two have not been able to share the floor as much as they’d hoped.
Leonard and George have only played 98 games together in over three years and have had their chemistry interrupted by untimely injuries.
The Clippers are not considering trading Kawhi Leonard, per @LawMurrayTheNU
— NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) January 23, 2023
Kawhi Leonard continues to improve and look like old self as season progresses
In his last six games, Leonard has posted at least 24 points on minimum 50% shooting from the field and is beginning to find a consistent flow with the Clippers.
- vs Dallas Mavericks (W): 33 points, 9 rebounds – 75% FG
- vs Denver Nuggets (L): 24 points, 8 rebounds – 50% FG
- vs Houston Rockets (W): 30 points, 6 rebounds – 50% FG
- vs Philadelphia 76ers (L): 27 points, 4 rebounds – 50% FG
- vs San Antonio Spurs (W): 36 points, 4 rebounds – 72% FG
- vs Dallas Mavericks (W): 30 points, 9 rebounds – 55% FG
The Clippers sit in sixth place in the Western Conference currently – the last remaining guaranteed playoff spot. With a 25-24 record, Ty Lue’s side are just half a game back from the Dallas Mavericks who have lost four out of the last five.
NBA betting sites have given the Clippers the seventh-best odds to lift the Larry O’Brien trophy in June at a price of +1400.
The Boston Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks, Brooklyn Nets, Denver Nuggets, Golden State Warriors and Memphis Grizzlies are the only teams with better odds than the Clippers.
Kawhi Leonard's averages since these comments were made:
— Tomer Azarly (@TomerAzarly) January 22, 2023
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
- Buddy Hield fifth player to make 200 3-pointers in five straight seasons
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
- Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, Marjon Beauchamp probable vs. Heat
NBA 6 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 6 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Updated NBA Finals odds