Memphis Grizzlies guard Mike Conley is out for an indefinite period because of soreness in his left Achilles and heel, the team announced Friday.
The Grizzlies did not provide a timetable for his return, saying only that they would provide an update in approximately two weeks.
“It’s unfortunate,” Grizzlies coach David Fizdale told reporters Friday. “But watching him play in pain like that and really trying to push through that stuff was worse to watch.”
Conley will undergo therapy to help in the healing process after consulting with physicians and the team’s medical staff.
The guard has started 12 of the Grizzlies’ first 14 games this season. Conley is averaging 17.1 points, 2.3 rebounds, 4.1 assists in his 11th NBA season. He has been playing an average of 31.1 minutes each game.
- Legal sports betting gets underway in Massachusetts
- Pistons granted $5.276 million disabled player exception for Cade Cunningham’s season-ending injury
- Legendary player and broadcaster Bill Walton stars in new NBA televised stream “Throw it Down”
- Top 5 NBA players who might be eyeing their returns to Europe after this season
- WATCH: Isaac Okoro sings ‘Take Me To Church’ in Cavaliers’ hot tub
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms