Chicago Bulls center Robin Lopez and Toronto Raptors forward Serge Ibaka have each been suspended one game without pay for throwing punches at one another during an altercation, it was announced today by Kiki VanDeWeghe, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
Raptors assistant coach Jamaal Magloire has been fined $15,000 for pushing Bulls forward Nikola Mirotic and acting as other than a peacemaker as part of the same altercation.
The incident, for which Ibaka and Lopez were assessed technical fouls and ejected from the game, occurred with 3:58 remaining in the third quarter of the Raptors’ 122-120 overtime win over the Bulls at Air Canada Centre on March 21.
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic