(Anthony) Davis said they have to get back defending physically like they did toward the end of last season when they were in a battle for the eighth and final playoff seed in the Western Conference and landed it before getting swept in four games by the Warriors in the first round.
”We can’t be labeled as a soft team,” Davis said after Saturday’s shootaround. ”We got to be more tenacious. I think the fourth quarter in Portland showed how we can play defensively and that’s how we got to play from the beginning.”
Source: John Reid of the Times Picayune
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan
Main Page2 weeks ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
NBA1 week ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA2 weeks ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks
Headlines1 week ago
Lonzo Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery