Denver Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr. said he’s pain-free after a second surgery on his back, and the 14th overall pick in the 2018 draft is hoping to be on the court near the start of the 2018-19 season.
Porter told ESPN on Sunday at the NBA’s annual rookie photo shoot that, “I finally feel, like, good,” and he is hoping to be ready for game action around the time the season tips in mid-October.
Porter underwent a microdiscectomy in November 2017 that repaired one of two bulging disks in his back. He underwent a second spinal surgery in July, and the Nuggets did not announce a timetable for his return to basketball activities.
“[Doctors originally] only thought one of [the bulging disks] was symptomatic,” said Porter. “They went in and fixed that one. Turns out that both were symptomatic. So my first surgery helped a lot but didn’t fix the entire problem. Now that they did this one, I’ve got no pain or anything. I’m excited.”
Source: Chris Forsberg of ESPN
NBA Team Salaries
- Best NBA Player Props and Free Picks for Tonight, 1/24
- Jazz vs Suns Betting Offers: Free NBA Picks Today
- Jazz vs Suns NBA Picks, Prediction and Betting Picks for Tonight’s Game
- Knicks vs Cavaliers NBA Picks, Prediction and Betting Picks for Tonight’s Game
- Pacers vs Pelicans NBA Picks, Prediction and Betting Picks for Tonight’s Game
Main Page6 days ago
Pistons vs Warriors NBA Picks, Betting Trends and Prediction for Tonight’s Game
NBA5 days ago
Grizzlies vs Bucks Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game
NBA1 week ago
Elijah Hughes Staying Ready For Opportunity
Main Page1 day ago
NBA Betting Picks: Phoenix Suns vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks