Thabo Sefolosha will miss six to eight weeks with a right calf injury, the (Atlanta) Hawks announced Saturday.
Sefolosha was hurt 2:21 into a starting assignment in Friday’s win over the Trail Blazers. The reserve guard/forward was starting in place of DeMarre Carroll, who is out with a left Achilles strain and missed his second straight game Saturday.
Sefolosha was originally diagnosed with a calf strain and was ruled out of the rest of the game against the Trail Blazers. He underwent an MRI exam Saturday which confirmed the diagnosis. The Hawks said they will provide further updates when appropriate.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%