Shelly: Owners Would Like to Defend Sterling
In an hourlong interview Monday in a penthouse suite at the Ritz-Carlton New York, (Shelly) Sterling, 79, and her lawyer, Pierce O’Donnell, vowed to fight the league if it tried to force her out.
(Question:) Have you spoken with any other N.B.A. owners since your husband’s suspension was announced?
(Sterling:) No, I haven’t. But I often wonder: If the wife of one of the owners had done this, and if the roles were reversed, would they take the team away from the man? Is it something sexist? Is it the man’s club? The owners are afraid of their own issues. Because I’m sure if anybody goes into all their records, they have skeletons in their closets. They would probably like to defend Donald, because he’s one of the oldest owners. But I think they’re all afraid because of their players. They’re afraid to get involved because if one sticks up for him, then maybe the players will go against them.
- Newly Hired Rick Pitino Gets Right to Work for St. John’s
- Kevin Durant Wants Texas Basketball To Give Interim Head Coach Rodney Terry A Long-Term Contract
- Tennessee Basketball Coach Rick Barnes Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives
- Seth Davis’ March Madness 2023 Final Four Bracket, Predictions, & Expert Picks
- Cam Boozer, Son of Carlos Boozer, Wins Gatorade National Player of the Year
Main Page 6 days ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Could Crimson Tide Justify Firing Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats With His Huge Buyout After Brandon Miller Gun Incident?
College Basketball 1 week ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
NBA 2 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice