Behind the scenes, many Toronto Raptors officials have become increasingly confident in the team’s chances of re-signing Kawhi Leonard this summer, sources tell TSN.
Building a relationship and establishing mutual trust with the enigmatic superstar hasn’t been a linear process. As the season’s unfolded, there have been a few bumps in the road and moments of doubt. But things appear to be trending in the right direction and the timing couldn’t be better, with the playoffs less than three weeks away and the start of free agency two and a half months after that.
Leonard will hit the open market on July 1 as part of a loaded free-agent class that could also include Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler and Kemba Walker. With several teams clearing cap space in preparation, there won’t be a shortage of suitors for those stars.
Source: Josh Lewenberg of TSN
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
- Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, Marjon Beauchamp probable vs. Heat
- Toronto Raptors insist all their roster is available for trade except for Scottie Barnes
- 76ers’ Joel Embiid (left foot soreness) questionable vs. Spurs
- Nets All-Star Kyrie Irving Informed The Team Today That He Prefers To Be Traded Before Next Thursday
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 5 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Updated NBA Finals odds