One league source said yesterday the Pelicans seem open to almost anything that would cement a playoff berth that didn’t include Anthony Davis.
The Pelicans consummated one deal already this cycle sending an Omer Asik package to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for forward Nikola Mirotic. The Pelicans seem increasingly open to more change ahead of the deadline as they try and rebound from losing DeMarcus Cousins to injury.
The Pelicans are very top heavy in the salary department, and with a new deal for Cousins expected this summer, the Pelicans may have to shed some contract money to right size the payroll. Sources peg the Pelicans as the dark horse to make a bold trade at the deadline.
The challenge for all teams looking to move money is that there seems to be limited appetite around the league in taking on cap cash unless it includes significant draft inducements.
Source: Steve Kyler, Basketball Insiders
NBA Team Salaries
- Best NBA Player Props and Free Picks for Tonight, 1/26
- NBA Best Bets and Free Picks Tonight, 1/26
- Clippers vs Magic NBA Picks, Betting Trends and Prediction for Tonight’s Game
- Hornets vs Pacers Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game
- Iowa State vs Oklahoma State College Basketball Picks and Betting Prediction for Today
Main Page7 hours ago
Hornets vs Pacers Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game
Main Page1 week ago
Pistons vs Warriors NBA Picks, Betting Trends and Prediction for Tonight’s Game
NBA1 week ago
Grizzlies vs Bucks Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game
NBA1 week ago
Elijah Hughes Staying Ready For Opportunity