Durant has often said he needs to see only one go down before he feels like he’s hot. Sunday’s game provided some validation of that theory. A possession later, he went to the line to knock down two free throws. First-half scoring output surpassed, in 45 seconds. Then he hit a 3-pointer. Then another 3. Then two more free throws. Durant finished with 17 in the third quarter as the Thunder roared back with a 25-7 run in less than six minutes to open the quarter.
“He wanted to get me going,” Durant said of Westbrook. “Coming out of halftime, he told me he was going to get me some iso’s, get me some plays and told me to be aggressive, and I just fed off his energy.”
Source: Royce Young of ESPN
- Stephen Curry has recorded the most 30+ point, 10+ assist games in Warriors history
- Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
- Lakers interested in trading for Bulls guard Zach LaVine?
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again