On Thursday afternoon, Jabari Parker told reporters that he believes the Milwaukee Bucks will select him with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft if he’s still on the board when they pick. Parker said that the Bucks committed to him at No. 2, so he will likely be their selection unless the Cleveland Cavaliers take the former Duke star with the No. 1 overall pick.
Giannis Antetokounmpo, who was Milwaukee’s first-round pick in last year’s draft, spoke highly of Parker and his comments lined up with the notion that the Bucks made a promise to Parker at No. 2.
“He’s an amazing player, he’s a really good player,” Antetokounmpo told Basketball Insiders. “He’s an NBA-ready player who can come in and contribute faster than everybody in this draft, I think. He can help us and our team. I talked to him a little bit and he seems like a nice guy. And I think he’s going to take our team to the next level.”
When asked if the Bucks’ front office likes Parker as much as he does, Antetokounmpo said yes.
“Yeah, I think the Bucks like him too and we’re really excited about him,” he said.
- Pacers’ Myles Turner: ‘I build Legos, I’ve gone through 120K Legos since the season started’
- Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games
- Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA player with 350+ points, 50+ assists, 25+ steals, & 50+ blocks in 1st 20 games
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic