He (Buddy Hield) knows the consensus from around the league is that the Lakers probably will take Duke forward Brandon Ingram.
But that hasn’t stopped Hield and his representatives from making a push to have him put on a Lakers’ uniform.
“The Lakers are losing Kobe. They need a scorer. So why not?” Hield said. “Why not come in and fill in his spot? I’m a confident player. I’ve been under pressure my whole life, just overcoming obstacles. I know this is a [big] market and everybody with the Lakers is expecting to win. So I’m a player that comes expecting to win right away.”
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%