There’s opportunities to win money every day on Draft Kings in their one-day fantasy leagues and our readers have already won thousands this season by putting together phenomenal teams that beat out the competition. However, in today’s league, all you have to do to put cash in your pocket is pick a better team than Yannis, Basketball Insiders’ managing site editor.
Yannis picked the following team for Wednesday’s $2 league with a $30,000 prize pool and $5,000 first place prize:
Yannis’ comments on drafting strategy:
*Jordan Hill seems to be coming into his own here as of late, with two double-doubles in his last three games. He even dished out seven assists against the Charlotte Hornets in the Lakers’ latest win. At $6,500, I felt like he was the most efficient center option out there.
*I don’t care how much Anthony Davis costs, he’s become a must have every night. The guy puts up 58.3 fantasy points a night. There are a lot of really talented trios that don’t produce at that rate. He’s become worth any price tag with the way he’s playing so far this year.
*I’m probably a game late picking A.J. Price, but at $3,000 I could justify taking the risk in order to have a little bit more money to spend elsewhere on my roster.
*Andre Drummond was very reasonably priced today, under $8,000, but I spent my last $7,100 on Greg Monroe because I worry about Washington’s bigs keeping Drummond in foul trouble. That should clear the way for a monster game from Monroe, who is playing for a new contract, and on a streak where he’s missed out on a double-double just once this month.
Think you can beat him? Here’s how you can get into the action:
1. Sign up for or sign into an existing Draft Kings account (First time users have initial deposit matched up to $600, so you can play for free). <—- CLICK HERE TO PLAY
2. Draft a starting PG, SG, SF, PF, C, backup G, backup F and utility player while staying under the $50,000 salary cap by 7 PM EST and make sure to hit submit.
3. Finish in the top 4.000 or beat Yannis to win cash!
Here’s a look at a winning team from a league last week and a fourth place team from our own Lang Greene, who pocketed $50 for his top five finish:
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Golden State Warriors vs. Phoenix Suns preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks