(Mike) Dunleavy, who has a 613-716 record in 17 seasons as coach of the Lakers, Bucks, Trail Blazers and Clippers, appeared on ESPN Radio’s “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” Thursday and was asked if he thinks he has a shot at the Knicks’ job.
“I hope so,” he said. “I played in the triangle system down in Houston. It was kind of left over from when Tex Winter coached there. All my teams, I’ve run it as a transition set. The part of that was also the fact that I was thinking at some point in the playoffs, we’ll run into Phil’s teams, and by the time we get there, my guys will run the triangle very well and be prepared to play them.
“Maybe I’m the outside guy from the other guys that he’ll talk to, former players who played in the system and other guys who coached under him in the system. But at least I do know the system. I have run it.”
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
- Professional Poker player Josh Thatcher sentenced for running illegal gambling operation in Michigan
- 76ers’ Daryl Morey calls out ‘shameless Boston media’ over Joel Embiid’s All-Star starter snub
- Who should make the West’s bench at the 72nd Annual All-Star Game?
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 3 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again