Three players tallied 18 points apiece as Fairleigh Dickinson routed FDU Florham 102-61 on Monday night. The Knights won their home opener and scored in triple digits for the seventh time in team history.
Senior guard Mustafaa Jones, sophomore guard Matt MacDonald and freshman guard Darian Anderson each scored 18 for Fairleigh Dickinson (2-0). They also combined to go 13 of 22 from 3-point range.
As a team, the Knights shot 15 of 27 beyond the arc, to the tune of 55.6 percent. Fairleigh Dickinson fired at a 55.9 percent clip from the field, and made 11 of 13 free throws.
The 3-point total marked the most prolific outside shooting performance during the tenure of coach Greg Herenda, now in his second season. Fairleigh Dickinson’s most recent prior 100-point outburst came on Feb. 21, 2005.
Freshman guard Marques Townes added 14 points and junior forward Xavier Harris had 12. Anderson also tallied nine assists for the Knights, who took control of the game with an 11-0 run that staked them to a 21-10 lead with 13:31 remaining in the first half.
FDU Florham (0-1) senior guard Kevin Furlong led all scorers with 19 points. Florham is a Division III school.
- Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
- Knicks could offer Bucks four first-round draft picks, role players for Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Pacers’ Myles Turner expresses how difficult it is to interact with fans: ‘People don’t view us as people’
- Knicks, Rangers owner James Dolan: ‘I don’t really like owning teams’
- Former Timberwolves star Kevin Garnett: ‘Anthony Edwards is too big of a personality to be Robin’
Main Page 4 days ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 1 week ago
Former NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dies At Age 42
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Oldest Ex-NBA Player Stanley ‘Whitey’ Von Nieda Dies At 101
NBA 1 week ago
NBA insider reveals Victor Wembanyama will be playing power foward, not center next season