NCAA News Wire
Former coach Tarkanian hospitalized
Naismith Hall of Fame basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian was hospitalized Wednesday and is being treated for pneumonia.
Tarkanian, 84, was taken to Valley Hospital Medical Center by ambulance Wednesday and remained there for tests and treatment on Thursday.
Tarkanian led the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels to the 1990 national title.
According to the Las Vegas Sun, Danny Tarkanian says his father has a heart condition that makes him more susceptible to chest and lung illness.
Jerry Tarkanian was hospitalized for 10 days following his second heart attack in the spring.
- Nikola Jokic, Joel Embiid are now tied in MVP odds
- Thunder’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander assures Russell Westbrook is “one of the best competitors” in NBA history
- Wizards’ Bradley Beal is under Police investigation after an incident that happened with an Orlando fan last week
- LeBron James came off the bench for second time in 1,414 career games
- LSU Basketball Star Angel Reese Has Increased Her NIL Value by 243% To $392k Since Jan. 10
NBA 13 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 4 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives