Sacramento Kings forward Rudy Gay has decided to exercise his $19.3 million contract option for the 2014-15 season, Yahoo Sports reported Sunday.
The Kings acquired Gay from the Toronto Raptors in February. He averaged 20.1 points a game for Sacramento. In his eight-year career, Gay has averaged more than 18 points and five rebounds per game.
The Kings hope to build on a solid nucleus that includes the 27-year-old Gay, center DeMarcus Cousins and point guard Isaiah Thomas.
Gay has postponed talks of signing an extension until later this summer. He could be in line for a four-year deal worth between $50 and $60 million.
The Kings were 28-54 last season.
- College Basketball Recruiting: 5-Star Joson Sanon Picks Up Offers From Creighton, Miami, & Oklahoma State
- Khris Middleton on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s Bucks comments: ‘We want this guy to come back’
- ESPN’s J.J. Redick explains why Mavericks’ inking the return of Seth Curry is a ‘perfect fit’
- Trail Blazers not interested in trading for Bulls star Zach LaVine
- NBA veteran James Johnson brags he could beat UFC champion Jon Jones after one year of training
Main Page 5 days ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 1 week ago
Former NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dies At Age 42
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Oldest Ex-NBA Player Stanley ‘Whitey’ Von Nieda Dies At 101
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA insider reveals Victor Wembanyama will be playing power foward, not center next season