Lakers’ Sacre Stays in Game with Six Fouls
The Lakers were seemingly down to four players but beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 119-108, with help from an obscure rule that kept Robert Sacre in Wednesday’s game after he picked up his sixth personal foul.
The Lakers started with only eight players in uniform, lost two because of health reasons (Nick Young, Jordan Farmar) and then another two because of fouls (Chris Kaman, Sacre).
He ( referee Jason Phillips) informed them that Sacre could stay on the court despite picking up his sixth foul on a drive by CJ Miles with 3:32 to play. The only remaining Lakers were already on the court — Wesley Johnson, Ryan Kelly, Steve Blake, Kendall Marshall — and a team cannot drop to four players if there are no other options.
- Heat guard Tyler Herro (right hand) ruled out for Game 1 vs. Nuggets
- UK Basketball Recruiting: NDSU Transfer Grant Nelson Sees Wildcats as Top Option as John Calipari Looks to Replace Oscar Tshiebwe
- ChatGPT’s Insight on Top 10 Head Coaching Jobs in College Basketball
- Bulls, Nikola Vucevic negotiating extension
- College basketball: Top prospect Mikey Williams loses NIL sponsorship after controversial arrest
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 6 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 2 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’