Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez underwent successful left ankle surgery on March 3 to repair a torn tendon and tighten lateral ligaments, the team announced Friday. Lopez, 25, had suffered a pair of left ankle sprains this season on Nov. 15 in Phoenix and on Dec. 12 against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Lopez has already been ruled out for the season due to a fractured fifth metatarsal of his right foot. He underwent surgery to repair that injury on Jan. 4, and is expected to return to basketball activities sometime in June.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%