New York Knicks President Phil Jackson informed point guard Raymond Felton at the end of the season that he would trade him this summer, according to SNY.tv.
Felton, who turns 30 in June, is due $4.36 million next season and $4.54 million in 2015-16.
Felton missed 17 games last season due to injuries. He averaged 9.7 points and 5.6 assists per game, lower than his career averages of 13.1 points and 6.5 assists.
Aside from declining numbers, Felton also had off-the-court issues last season. In February, he was arraigned on two felony weapons possession charges and released on $25,000 bail.
The Knicks have veteran point guard Pablo Prigioni under contract for two more seasons. They could use a young point guard but do not have a first-round pick in next month’s draft.
NBA Team Salaries
- Betting Picks: Boston Celtics vs Portland Trail Blazers preview prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Miami Heat vs Milwaukee Bucks picks, preview and prediction
- Dame, It’s Time: Portland Must Part Ways With Lillard
- NBA Betting Picks: Chicago Bulls vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines2 weeks ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton