Detroit big man Greg Monroe signed a one-year, $5.48 million qualifying offer with the Pistons, Yahoo Sports reported Friday.
The team had yet to make an announcement as of Friday evening. The 6-foot-11 Monroe became a restricted free after last season and the Pistons were unable to sign him to a long-term contract during the offseason.
The reported one-year deal would allow Monroe to become an unrestricted free agent after the upcoming season. The Pistons would have the right to match another team’s offer.
The 24-year-old Monroe, whom the Pistons drafted No. 7 overall in 2010, averaged 15.2 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.1 steals in 82 games last season.
In four seasons with the Pistons, Monroe has averaged 14.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 309 career games. He’s also a career 51 percent shooter from the field.
- Amid The Trade Deadline, Boston’s Payton Pritchard Opens Up About His Future Plans With The Team
- Pelicans’ Brandon Ingram, CJ McCollum available against Nuggets
- For the first time this season Joel Embiid jumps to No.2 in the MVP Ladder behind Nikola Jokić
- Utah’s Jarred Vanderbilt Reportedly Has Interest From The Indiana Pacers
- Timberwolves’ Rudy Gobert (groin), Taurean Prince (ankle) questionable vs. Kings
NBA 22 hours ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Legal 2 weeks ago
Mississippi tries yet again to legalize online sports betting