Wichita State sophomore guard Ron Baker is staying in school, according to ESPN.com.
Baker sent in an NBA draft evaluation form last week, but sources told ESPN.com that Baker decided to stay put.
Baker has established himself as one of the top guards in the country and has been a big part of the Shockers’ success the last two seasons, including their 34-0 run that gave them a No. 1 seed in this year’s NCAA Tournament.
Baker averaged 13.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists this season. Wichita State ran away with the Missouri Valley Conference title but had a fairly early exit from the NCAA Tournament, losing to No. 8 seed Kentucky in its second game. Baker scored 20 points.
Several NBA executives told ESPN.com that Baker projected as a second-round pick if entered the draft.
The Shockers, however, will lose senior forward Cleanthony Early, who led the team in scoring. He had 31 points in the loss to Kentucky.
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
- Tyrese Haliburton mocks Damian Lillard while imitating his signature “Dame Time” celebration
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic