Sources: Bucks Petition NBA for Cap Relief on Mirza Teletovic
The Milwaukee Bucks have petitioned the NBA for an exclusion to clear the remaining $10.5 million on Mirza Teletovic’s contract off the team’s salary cap, league sources told ESPN.
The Bucks are expected to meet the criteria and receive the cap relief based on Teletovic’s career-ending injury.
The one-year anniversary of Teletovic’s final game with the Bucks was on Wednesday, clearing the way for the Bucks to apply for $3.5 million in annual cap relief in 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21.
Teletovic was forced to retire because of a life-threatening pulmonary condition. The Bucks used the waive and stretch provision to spread the $10.5 million cap hit across the three seasons.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
- Nikola Jokic joins LeBron James as only players last 25 years with 10 points, 10 assists in any half of NBA Finals game
- Victor Wembanyama’s debut for the Spurs might come during the NBA Summer League in Sacramento
- Thunders’ Aleksej Pokusevski suffered a small right humerus fracture during an off-season workout, leaving him out for 4-6 weeks
- Heat shot 31% on wide open 3-pointers in Game 1 against Nuggets
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo and Deni Avdija explain why some European players never adapt to the NBA
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 4 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Headlines 5 days ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell