Sources: Knicks Waive Ramon Sessions, Sign Trey Burke
The New York Knicks have waived point guard Ramon Sessions to make room to sign G League guard and former lottery pick Trey Burke, league sources told ESPN.
Burke, the No. 9 pick in the 2013 NBA draft, has averaged 26.6 points per game on 49 percent shooting this season for the Westchester Knicks, New York’s G League team. Sources said he will sign a deal for the rest of the season Sunday.
The move will reunite Burke with Michigan teammate Tim Hardaway Jr.
It is unclear, though, how Burke will fit in to the Knicks’ rotation, as Jarrett Jack and Frank Ntilikina have taken the bulk of the minutes at point guard.
Sessions averaged 3.7 points and 2.1 assists in 13 games for the Knicks this season.
The Knicks have lost 10 of 13 and enter Saturday three games out of eighth place in the Eastern Conference.
Sessions began the season as the starting point guard but fell out of the rotation after an 0-3 start and was replaced by Jack.
Source: Ian Begley of ESPN
- Former San Diego State Hoops Star Keshad Johnson Transfers to Arizona
- Bronny Tax: USC Basketball Raises Ticket Prices Ahead of James’ Arrival
- Watch: Scottie Pippen Call Michael Jordan A ‘Horrible Basketball Player’
- Kentucky Wildcats Among Top Options for Rutgers Grad Transfer Cam Spencer
- Celtics vs. Heat Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 6 2023 Eastern Conference Finals
Main Page 4 days ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 3 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 1 week ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’
College Basketball 1 week ago
Caleb Love Transfer Saga: Indiana Hoosiers Back in Pole Position After Michigan Exit