The Golden State Warriors are re-signing guard Jordan Poole to a four-year, $140 million rookie scale contract. Poole will receive $123 million guaranteed with $17 million via incentives.
According to the contract details, the 23-year-old will earn an additional $1 million if he wins MVP or Defensive Player of the Year. Plus, Poole could receive an extra $500,000 if he receives any of the three All-NBA honors.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, the Warriors are favored to repeat in the 2022-23 season. However, some sportsbooks are giving the Boston Celtics higher odds to win the championship.
After Jordan Poole and Andrew Wiggins extensions, the projected salary and luxury tax for the Golden State Warriors in the 2023-2024 season, per @BobbyMarks42: $483 million.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) October 15, 2022
Additionally, if the guard appears in at least 65 regular season games and the Warriors reach the first round of the NBA Playoffs, he will make an extra $250,000.
Poole was selected 28th overall by the Warriors in the 2019 NBA Draft. During his rookie 2019-20 season, the Michigan product logged 8.8 points, 2.1 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game in 57 games.
In the following season, JP3 averaged 12 points, 1.8 boards, and 1.9 assists in 51 appearances. He also shot 43.2% from the field and 35.1% from beyond the arc.
Warriors re-sign Jordan Poole to four-year, $140 million contract
While with the Santa Cruz Warriors, the team’s NBA G League affiliate, Poole recorded 22.4 points, 5.3 boards, and 3.5 assists per game in 11 starts during the 2020-21 season.
Poole finished fourth in the G League regular season in made free throws (39) and fourth in turnovers (48).
He was then selected to the All-NBA G League Third Team.
Last season, in 76 appearances, Poole averaged career highs of 18.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 4 assists per game. Not to mention, he shot 44.8% from the floor and 36.4% from 3-point range.
On March 30, 2022, in the Warriors’ 107-103 loss against the Phoenix Suns, Poole tied his career high in scoring with 38 points in 37 minutes of action. The guard shot 11-of-22 (50%) from the field and 7-of-15 (46.7%) from downtown.
He finished 15th in the NBA in made 3-pointers (211) and led the league in free throw shooting (92.5%).
During the first round of the 2022 NBA Playoffs, the guard averaged 21 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 5.4 assists against the Denver Nuggets. He shot 54.8% from the field and a playoff career-high 48.4% from long range.
Earlier this month, teammate Draymond Green punched Poole at a team practice. Green said afterwards that Poole insulted him. Days later, Green announced his public apology. Last Wednesday, the Warriors fined the four-time All-Star an undisclosed amount for the incident.
The Warriors need both Green and Jordan Poole in the 2022-23 season. Team chemistry is vital for playoff contenders. For Dubs fans, hopefully the incident is all water under the bridge now.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander upgraded to questionable against Timberwolves
- Kawhi Leonard and Paul George Nearing Return For The Clippers Soon
- Knicks guard Jalen Brunson has no extra emotions vs. Mavericks
- Lonnie Walker IV Give Insights To His Future With The Lakers
- Lakers Front Office Considering Three Trade Scenariors Ahead of Dec.15
NBA 1 week ago
Ja Morant Drug Tested By NBA For Returning So Quick From Injury
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 2 weeks ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest