NBA News Wire
Wizards G Beal has successful surgery
Wizards guard Bradley Beal underwent successful surgery on Sunday to repair a non-displaced fracture of the scaphoid bone in his left (non-shooting) wrist.
The operation was performed by Dr. Michelle Carlson.
Beal is expected to miss about six weeks.
An MRI taken Saturday revealed the injury.
The injury occurred during the first quarter of Washington’s preseason game against the Charlotte Hornets in Greenville, S.C., on Friday.
Beal landed on the wrist when he was fouled by Hornets forward P.J. Hairston. He exited the game soon after making his free throws.
Beal averaged 17.1 points per game last season, his second in the NBA.
- USC Basketball: Isaiah Collier is recruiting Bronny James at the 2023 McDonald’s All-American Game
- NC State Basketball: Terquavion Smith To Enter 2023 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Bronny James, Matas Buzelis, & Sean Stewart in the 2023 McDonald’s All-American Powerade JamFest
- Dayton forward Mike Sharavjamts to enter 2023 NBA Draft
- Pelicans Brandon Ingram and Jaylen Brown from Boston are named Week 23’s best players in the league
NBA 1 day ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 4 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives