The Washington Wizards announced Thursday center Daniel Orton has been waived.
The 24-year-old Orton, was a first-round draft pick out of Kentucky in 2010. In four years, he has spent time with four franchises.
The 6-foot-11 Orton was selected by the Orlando Magic after one season as a reserve with the Wildcats, where he was Wizards guard John Wall’s teammate. He was one of five Kentucky players picked in the first round that year.
He missed his entire rookie season because of a knee injury.
- Kevin Durant Charity Foundation unveils first basketball court in Tokyo
- Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
- Wizards’ Kristaps Porzingis and girlfriend Laura Vizla share France photos
- WATCH: Jayson Tatum rejects Deuce’s shot at basketball camp
- LeBron James career earnings could increase to $487.6 million
Main Page4 days ago
Under Armor set to release Curry 4 FloTro sneakers on August 5
Main Page3 days ago
Hornets’ PJ Washington and girlfriend Alisah Chanel expecting first child
Main Page5 hours ago
Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
news1 week ago
NBA Twitter Reacts Hilariously to Jimmy Butler’s New Hair